OUR DOORS ARE LOCKED BUT
DON'T WORRY WE ARE OPEN
Throughout this pandemic, it is our goal to remain operational and continue to provide necessary care for our patients. In order to stay healthy and continue to maintain operations, we need the help of you, our valued clients. Your co-operation and patience is greatly appreciated while we will now be implementing the following protocols:
1) We will now be controlling the flow of clients in and out of our reception area. This means that our main doors will remain locked, even when the hospital is open and operational. All clients must call the clinic to arrange appointments, food pick-up, or prescription refills prior to their arrival to the clinic. Walk-ins (unless a major emergency) will not be permitted.
2) When arriving at the clinic, clients should call as at 780-419-2800 to notify us of their arrival. If you do not have access to a cell phone and we are expecting your arrival, please knock on the door. Appointment intakes and patient history will be taken over the phone prior to any entry into the hospital. When we are ready for your pet to be seen, we will bring them inside of the hospital.
3) To practice social distancing, we would prefer to examine your pet on their own. We understand that some of our patients are much calmer when kept with their owner than when they are separated from you. In consideration of this, we will continue to allow one family member to attend the appointment, provided they are not exhibiting any symptoms of respiratory infection or illness (cough, runny nose, fever), have not been outside of Alberta in the past 2 weeks, and have not been exposed to a suspected or confirmed Covid-19 patient. We will discuss these details with you at the time your appointment is booked.
4) To further limit the traffic in and out of the hospital, we ask that clients pay for food and medication refills via credit card over the phone prior to pickup. E-transfers will also be accepted. Please call us at 780-419-2800 prior to your arrival at the clinic.
5) We may limit elective surgeries, procedures, and non-essential product sales during this time. Please contact us if you have questions about whether or not we are currently offering a service.
6) Our distributors have assured us that there is no shortage of pet food. Please avoid over-buying food at this time as it puts a strain on the distribution center and leads to delivery delays.
7) Please be patient with us as we deal with a much larger volume of phone calls. If you reach our voicemail, please leave us a message and we will respond as soon as a staff member is available.
We understand that these are very uncertain and stressful times, and we appreciate all of the love and support we have received from our valued clients. Please know that your family members are important to us and we will continue to provide quality care to the greatest of our abilities.